Dec 23, 2013

DIY Secret Santa

This past weekend we had our Secret Santa reunion with some friends from work, I was really excited because even though we don't get to see each other that often we managed to take some time to eat breakfast together and open some presents.

We used Elfster to sort the names out, if you have never used it you need to check it out, it does all the work for you and allows you to create wishlists and ask anonymous questions to your Secret Santa, so that you have a better idea of what to give him/her... and you can even specify things that you don't need.
It takes the guessing out of gift buying, and there are no chances someone will pull their own name out, since the system also does the sorting.

I decided to do something special for everyone, and here comes the DIY












As most of us have, I had seen this Pinterest idea of the dollar store mug with the sharpie, so I googled to make sure I was going to get the results that I wanted, and I found this awesome post with tips and tricks; needles to say I bought the oil based sharpies, let the mugs dry for 24 hours and put them in the oven when it was cold, baked them at 425 and let them in until it cooled off again.

The mugs came out great (minus the fact that the gold sharpie turned silver), I was able to write a saying that each of my friends uses all the time, I filled them with all sorts of Colombian candy and even added the green mustaches so that we can take some cool pics at the end; we had a great time.

This time with my friends reminded me once more that there are many great things to be thankful for, things that we often take for granted, friends, family, this new blogging adventure, health, and the ability to be able to finish this year on a positive note when there are some that are not as lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment