Dec 10, 2013

Statement Piece

I wanted to create a look that could be worn to a holiday party, and even though there are no holiday colors in this ensemble the dark tights give the illusion of a winter outfit, and the statement necklace with the black ribbon that matches the back of the dress perfectly, pulls the outfit together.
Dress: Rachel Roy / Shoes: Steve Madden (similar here and here) / Tights: Target / Necklace: Charlotte Russe (old)


This dress has been in my closet for quite sometime now, and it makes me sad to think that I don't get to wear it more often, the color is very refreshing, the corset is structured to give a better silhouette, the elastic bands in the back give it an unexpected touch and, believe it or not it has pockets.

I always wondered why people were so obsessed with skirts and pockets, since a was a jeans all the time kind of girl, but when I finally ventured  in the shorts, skirts and dress zone I understood. Pockets are a great addition, they simply make wearing a dress like this so much easier.

Natalia
button

2 comments:

  1. I love the color of your dress and that statement necklace is so pretty! Stopping by from the linkup today :-)
    Meghan @ Lipstick Skulls Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun necklace! I bet you wear it all the time, it looks so versatile! Stopping by from the Trend Spin linkup!

    -AJ
    FitTravelerAJ.com

    ReplyDelete