Jan 6, 2014

A little plaid & a little sequin


Sweater: Old Navy (similar here) / Shirt: American Eagle (similar here) / Jeans: American Eagle / Shoes: old (Love this and my Macys has the purple ones on clearance!!) / Watch: Michael Kors / Bracelets: Urban Peach & Ebay / Crossbody: Borrowed from my mom





This outfit is nothing too fancy, just a little comfy sweater layered over a plaid shirt to spend one rainy Sunday.






This past couple of days I have been MIA not only because it was the holidays, but because I was a little under the weather, I haven't been taking care of myself as I should, and that reminds me of all the new year resolutions that so many of us make but never actually keep up with.

This year I'm not going to promise to become this fit and healthy person in the blink of an eye, but I do need to make better choices, and that includes both what I put in my body and how I take care of it.

It amazes me when I see my grandparents (who are visiting from Colombia) and see how healthy they are, I have been in this country for a little over 9 years, but I see the toll our fast paced crazy lifestyle takes in our bodies the older we get. It's crazy the amount of pills older people take, how many doctors they see, and all the restrictions they have in their life; my grandparents on the other hand don't take any medication, are rarely sick, eat and do what they want. I want to be like that, I want to enjoy old age and not suffer old age.

But in order to achieve that I have to invest in myself; my grandparents belong to a very different generation where food was healthier and life was slower, and now they are reaping the benefits.

We always hear that when you want you make time for people that you love, if you are the most important person in your life how is it that making time to take care of ourselves is rarely a priority?



Venus Trapped in Mars
And just to keep myself accountable I have Joined Sarah on her journey.

6 comments:

  1. Love the dots and plaid! And love how you put that - that we always inadvertently put ourselves last when really we should be putting ourselves first! Here's to better choices for our health! I will jump on that bandwagon with you!
    Thanks for sharing this with the linkup!
    morepom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The more the merrier, and that should also help us stay on track. :)

      Delete
  2. I agree with so many sentiments in your post here. It's definitely a "one step at a time" process to self-improvement! Best of luck on your journey to better health and fitness this year, and thanks for sharing your post with the Holiday Style Series!
    On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you're feeling better! i love the sparkly polka dots!

    xo
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm doing so much better.
      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  4. Sequin is always a good way to go!

    Tallia
    trendinginfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete