Jan 13, 2014

The good, the bad & the..... going to the donation pile

Shirt: Express /  Skirt: TJ Maxx /  Clutch, Necklace, Sunnies: Forever 21 /  Bracelet: Charlotte Russe (old) / Earrings: Ebay ( similar here)  / Shoes: Macys








You know when you put an outfit together in your mind and you think it's going to be the outfit of the month, it just looks so amazing you can't wait to wear it and take pictures in it, then you put it on and still think it's pretty amazing, but then you see the pictures and finally understand why some people leave their houses looking the way they do.

Well this is it, don't get me wrong, I still like the outfit a lot, it's comfy and fresh, but.... what was I thinking with those shoes? I've had them for a very long time, and I keep saying I'm going to get rid of them, then I see them in the donation pile and somehow love them again, but after seeing them in this pictures I know for sure where they are going. 

It might not be the style, even though a shoe that can't make up it's mind (am I a sandal or a boot?) might have something to do with it, but it can also be the same dilemma I have with booties. I have a muscular calve (God's gift, I swear) and any shoe that cuts me right above the ankle just makes me look wrong, so with a half full glass mind, I am going to donate this shoes and give up trying to make them work for me, sometimes just giving up is the best thing to do.



Linking with


More Pieces of Me

11 comments:

  1. Eek! So glad to see you are an Express shopper! Thank you so much for sharing your link with Manic Monday! I am loving your nails here and some of your nail art shots on your instagram widgets as well. Can't wait to see more of your looks. :)
    On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How can you not, when they have so many amazing pieces :)
      Natalia

      Delete
  2. Love this look! This look makes me wish for warmer weather!
    xo,
    Jacqueline
    stylininstlouis.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And yours always make me wish we had more of a real "winter" down here :(

      Delete
  3. I think that happens to everyone once in a while. When I wear a dud outfit, it's usually because I didn't take that one last look in a full length mirror before I left the house. For what it's worth, I think you look fabulous! :)

    sagegrayson.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I am so glad I found your blog, the stop being lazy bullets describe me to a t.

      Natalia

      Delete
  4. Blog photographs can definitely mean the last of some clothing/shoes. I've decided to get rid of pieces after seeing them photographed. But if it's any consolation, it's still a great look - and I adore those earrings!
    Thanks for sharing this with the Manic Monday linkup!
    morepom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally feel you... sometimes my imagination is a much better stylist than my reality ;)

    But seriously though, I love this outfit and the skirt. Maybe it's because I live in Dallas and where it's still pretty cold on and off, so this makes me think of warmer weather.. but whatever it is I think it's adorable!

    www.oatsandbows.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, so nice to know someone else is also starting to blog around the same time :)

      Delete
  6. Found you through Trend spin link up. The skirt is so springy and there couldn't be a better accessory match than these chandeliers.. Love everything about the look !

    Following you now on bloglovin.
    You could do the same through GFC and bloglovin.

    Thanks
    SAUMYA
    http://www.myriadmusings.net/

    ReplyDelete