Feb 11, 2014

In the Name of Friendship

Today I want to talk about this awesome necklace and the story behind it.
Like a year or so ago I decided to join a nail polish group in Facebook (you know, because clothes aren't my only obsession) and then I participated in a birthday group, every month you would send a gift to the birthday girl, and then during your month you would receive a present from all the other girls; much like blogging we only knew each other from pictures and what we shared on Facebook, but we became friends, I met amazing girls and the gifts started to become a little more personal, not just polish from your wish list, but things that matched your personality and what the girls knew about you, it was, for lack of a better word, amazing.

Since I was one of the newest girls in the group and we started in February I was pushed back towards the end of the year, which was fine by me as it allowed me to create a better wishlist, and get to know the girls a little bit better. Well enter Nikki, she was my Valentine swap buddy and she put the most amazing package together, so when her birthday came around I was more than excited to shop for her, then November came and it was my turn to receive again and she made it a mission to send me the most thoughtful present ever. Last year I lost my dog and best friend in May, it was a really hard time for me and all the girls from the group were there supporting me, it wasn't easy, but having awesome friends and family made all the difference in the world.

Ok, back to the package, Nikki was a little late sending the package because she was waiting for the best thing ever, here comes the necklace, she had this dog tag custom made with a bulldog, two little tags that read "adorabull & Diesel" and wings for my baby to watch over me, I have to confess that I cried when I received it, it was not only gorgeous but extremely thoughtful and it touched my heart. So I thought this valentine week was the perfect time to share with you not only this awesome necklace (and a picture of Diesel at the end) but the fact that even though we don't really get to know each other in person you can really create awesome bonds and equally awesome friendships in this on-line world. 



Skirt: Bebe, super old (Black Ikat Maxi)  / Jacket: Marshalls (Faux leather option) / Top: Express (Peach tank) / Dog tag: Etsy / Bracelets: Lucky Brand & Brighton / Watch: Michael Kors





Now on a much lighter note I have to confess that I am obsessed with maxi skirts, I might be a little late to follow this trend, but I did start this blog to push myself in new directions, this one here is so comfy and flowy, and with pockets, double points for that; paired with a simple tank and one of my first Marshalls purchases ever (the red jacket) I think it's an outfit that takes "simple" to the next step.

Linking up with Laura




2 comments:

  1. Losing a dog is so hard, and that gift was so thoughtful and it's gorgeous!!

    xo,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete