Feb 20, 2014

Throwback Thursday

I don't know where all this Throwback Thursday idea began but I decided to incorporate it into my blog, no I won't be showing embarrassing pictures of myself 15 years ago maybe in the future. What I am trying to do is make use of that old saying "everything old is new again" and see what pieces I have that somehow resemble a piece from a different time.

I did grow up in the 80's and spent my teens in the 90's, so I thought it would be fun to style current trends that date from back then, styles that most of us bowed never to revisit and yet somehow they managed to sneak back in our closets.

For today's Inspiration, I have gone to a time before my age, but a time that we all loved very much the 70's. The bug eye glasses that replaced the cat eye shape from the 60's and 70's and a more modern take on bell bottom pants. Did you know that wide-leg trousers like mine where the origin of the bell bottom pants, or that they were originally used by sailors in the US Navy in the 1800's?


Pants: BCBG (Bell bottomTuxedo pants) /  Shirt: Forever 21 / Shoes: Aldo (Polka dots loaferB&W loafers) / Clutch: Local boutique (styled here) / Necklace: Ebay (From this post) / Watch: Michael Kors / Sunnies: Forever 21






6 comments:

  1. What a refreshing outfit! I picture you walking on a cruise ship wearing this and that image makes me hopeful for warm weather!!
    morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny how trends just come back around if you wait long enough. :) Those white trousers are so chic on you!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the retro vibe here! I remember learning in swimming lessons when I was a kid that tidbit about sailors wearing bell bottoms so they could get them off quickly if they went overboard. :) You definitely pull this off well in a very current way!
    On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, visiting from the SITS blog hop. It's hard when you get older and fashion recycles. My friends and I often say, been there done that. But we do live reliving our youth when we so recycles style. Fran @ www. travelgenee.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's crazy to see something you already worn a long time ago make a comeback.

      Delete
  5. I love your blog
    followed
    http://minimaysi.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete