Apr 10, 2014

Remembering the old


When I was growing up there used to be a radio show called "recordando los viejitos" which means remembering the old, and it used to play songs from the 80's, well I think that my outfits from this week, definitely fall under that category. I have been shopping my closet for pieces I've had for a long time; like this dress from Forever 21 that I bought back in 2012 in San Francisco. 

It's a very simple piece with details on the sleeves, that can be easily dressed up like I did or down with some flats. One of the best things about it is that it was part of the Rory Beca for Forever 21 collection, a great score under $30, specially since there are barely any dresses on her website under $200. 




Dress: Rory Beca for Forever 21 - old (Plum optionblack shift dress) / Shoes: Forever 21 - old (Hologram pumps) /  Necklace: TasselElephant / Clutch: Local store - old (Teal croc clutch)


  





I realized after I saw the pictures that I could have gone with either brighter shoes or clutch, to cut a little the monochromatic gray and make the outfit pop, but hey, now I know and I can always wear it again. Isn't that also the reason behind my blog? to experiment and learn to play with fashion and colors?

Linking with TaraAgnesJacqueline, and Meghan

4 comments:

  1. Such a lovely dress! I adore the shoes and clutch with the dress, very chic.

    -Vogue&Heels
    www.vogueandheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really like the shoes you picked and this dress is so pretty!

    cute & little

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving this dress, accessories and just the whole look !! Such a chic outfit..

    ReplyDelete