May 22, 2014

Daisies & stripes

If anyone would have told me I was going to be wearing stripes and daisies together, I would have laughed; I grew up with the "you don't mix patterns" motto engraved in my brain, so I used to be stuck with a bunch of pieces that I only wore with jeans, or solid tops, anything but stripes and dots together.

How excited am I that we don't follow those rules now. I got this top at Forever 21 on clearance for like $5, but I never knew how else to wear it, enter pattern mixing and I have a whole new wardrobe, and appreciation for older pieces, thank God for fashion changes, and if I was doing the #100happydays challenge this one will for sure make the cut.

Striped shorts - floral top - Emma & Sophia - white sandals

Striped shorts - floral top - Emma & Sophia - white sandals

Striped shorts - floral top - Emma & Sophia - white sandals
Shorts: Forever 21 (Stripe shortssplurge) / Top: Forever 21 (Daisy tankdaisy cami/ Sandals:  Nine West / Clutch: no idea (Straw and sequin clutchblack sequin clutch / Watch: Michael Kors / Earrings: Emma & Sophia / Bracelets:  Aldo - Old ( Loving this blue cuff and this filigree cuff)
Striped shorts - floral top - Emma & Sophia - white sandals

Striped shorts - floral top - Emma & Sophia - white sandals

Striped shorts - floral top - Emma & Sophia - white sandals

Striped shorts - floral top - Emma & Sophia - white sandals
This is totally a Carylee inspired pose!!
Striped shorts - floral top - Emma & Sophia - white sandals

Linking with BethanyJacquelineAgiTara and Ashley

4 comments:

  1. Love this combo, and especially like the upper part of the top, different and unique. Like your sandals as well
    please stop by
    jess
    from link up
    http://www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great look!! I love the necklace on your top!
    www.amemoryofus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mixing patterns is really trendy right now. I think it works because you're wearing the same colours! Love the way your blouse hangs down at the back!

    ReplyDelete