May 5, 2014

Hi, I am Benson

I mentioned a couple of days ago that I have to write a bio on my foster baby, so that it can go on his page, for when he is ready for a forever home (the day that my soul will die a little, and my heart will break in a million pieces), so without further ado I introduce you to the chubby meatball that holds my heart in his paws.

My "intake picture" - not very handsome, but you just wait and see.........

Hi, my name is Benson, I was picked by animal control in Broward, and I was brought to Adopt-a-bull by a nice lady who put up with my stench on a Friday afternoon, I “jumped” out of the car as soon as we arrived at my foster's mother house and that's when they discovered that I not only smelled, but had green discharge from my nose and eyes, and was also infested with ticks (you can see the pesky little critters below), luckily Beth had already warned my mamma and she had some nice shampoo handy.


I let my foster mamma give me a bath and pull the ticks while I gave her a few kisses (I'm a charmer like that), it took me a while to feel comfortable enough to lay down, I only sat and kept moving from place to place, I guess it's because I wasn't used to have someone take good care of me. After the bath we went for a walk (I did my business outside, and my mamma got all excited that I appeared to be house broken).

I like being part of Adopt-a-bull, they feed me twice a day (not too much, they insist I need to loose a couple of pounds) I already went to see the vet and I can now be around other dogs, since the green mucus is completely gone. I am not a big fan of the medicine, but my mamma hides the pills in peanut butter, and I even sit like a good boy for them, what makes me a little uncomfortable are the eye and ear drops, but I still behave while being taken care of.

At home I let them take the toys and stir my food without complaining. Outside I have been around grownups, kids and other dogs, and I love them, I don't jump on people but I do get really excited, and have been starting to do that bully-kidney bean dance, I saw a cat the other day, he came in the patio, and I run after it (we don't know if it's because I wanted to play with it, or I wanted to eat him, JK). Bottom line... I am amazing.

I am so well behaved that I even let my mamma take this embarrassing picture of me wearing a PJ top that we had to cut around my neck to stop me from scratching it really bad, this was before I saw the Vet.

Already improving :)

As for walks, sometimes all I want to do is go out, pee and go back to napping, you know, just be a bulldog; but sometimes I do enjoy a long walk; I'm not sold on stairs, so a one story house will be perfect for me, and as for the car.... what can I say, sometimes I just sit next to the car when we go for walks.

Look at me now, what a handsome boy.

We are waiting for me to be done with my meds to take care of that little lump on my leg, but it doesn't seem to bother me right now, and then I will be ready to go to my forever home.

Happy 5 de Mayo!!!!!!

Linking with Carylee, Molly, and Elena


12 comments:

  1. oh, sweet thing! we love bulldogs. he's lucky to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg! So many ticks! Poor doggy!
    Why don't you keep him? I know, stupid question. Dogs are expensive and you probably have one (or more) already. You do a good service in taking care of this guy until his forever family comes along! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to keep him, but bulldogs require a lot of expensive care (I had one) and I just bought a house so I can't give him what he needs, and I was also told that they already have a prospective adopter, so I couldn't apply to keep him. It will break my heart for sure

      Delete
  3. Aww - I love Benson! I'm so glad you have each other right now! Can't imagine the good-bye, but I know you're cherishing every moment together for now! I love this story!! Carylee | morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They told me they already have a family waiting for him, and when I told my mom the first thing she said was "don't start crying yet", it's going to be bittersweet.

      Delete
  4. he is sooooo cute! and so glad you've been able to help him out - that is a crazy amount of ticks. fingers crossed he finds the most perfect home :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww. He is so adorable. He is lucky to have you as a foster mom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Benson is adorable.

    Literally, this is such an amazing story. I know you are just writing it up for him but you are truly amazing for doing this. Hes a very lucky dog. Sorry for the lowkey heart moment, I just love that there are good people really looking out for great animals!

    Eleventh & Sixteenth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the super late reply, he is really a super amazing dog, and I can't even imagine who could have dumped him like that. Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  7. Awwww! Very sweet! He is blessed to have such a caring foster mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! He is adorable. :) We have a white boxer named Gracie -- don't you love the baggy lips Lol! Your blog is wonderful -- Happy SITs Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can find many styles of pumps including Christian Louboutin glitter pumps, Christian Louboutin glitter peep toe and so on in Christian Louboutin boutique.
    Christian Louboutin 12CM Nude T-Strappy pointed Sandals
    Christian Louboutin 12CM Orange Leather pointed Pumps
    Christian Louboutin 12CM Peach Pointed Pumps
    http://www.clouboutinsneakers.com

    ReplyDelete