Jun 6, 2014

It's getting hot-ter!!!

Almost everyone is excited because summer is about to start, but here in Florida it started a while ago, it's just simply getting hotter, with this raising temperatures there are certain activities that we all look forward to: the beach, BBQs, vacation, and time with the kids who are out of school.

I've put together a little list of essentials for this warmer weather, and some upcoming events in my life: the beach, stand up paddle and a mini vacation in Savannah.

Being less than 10 minutes away from the beach, makes for an easy last minute plan, and I always like to keep my beach tote prepared, a beach towel, magazines to keep myself entertained, a water bottle to stay hydrated, simple statement earrings and a colorful bathing suit are always a must, but my most important items are my sunblock, hat and Warby Parker Dean glasses, anything that will protect my skin and eyes from the sun and help me look put together, will always have a spot in my heart. I love the style and frame color of this sunglasses, it somehow reminds me of old school frames, classic and timeless (and a dead giveaway of my age), and the polarized lenses provide that extra protection at no extra charge.

Beach Essentials

Tomorrow I am going to try stand up paddle for the first time, I'm super excited, I know I'll end up in the water plenty of times, but who cares. Here are the things I plan on taking with me: hair ties to keep the hair away from my face, a comfy tank, I want protection from the sun, but I definitely need a tan on my legs; on that same note a ball hat and the Warby Parker Fowler sunglasses. Even though this model is not included in their Home Try-On program, you need to check them out, they look very sporty and with a twist on your traditional aviators, and there are plenty of frames to chose from if you want to feel them before you commit; I know buying glasses on line can be pretty risky, you never know the quality, the fit, and how they actually look on you, so this program allows you to receive them in your house, test them, try them on, and make a decision, it doesn't get any better than that.


SUP Basics

And last but not least, next week I'll be going to Savannah on a road trip for a couple of days, I couldn't be happier, I desperately need some days off, lots of frozen yogurt and cocktails, good company, sightseeing and picture taking.

My suitcase will be filled with rompersfloral shortscross-bodies, comfy flat shoes, plenty accessories, and sunglasses like this Warby Parker Banks in stripped sassafras, they go with everything, such a staple piece, and they remind me of a set of tortoise bangles that I bought many years ago, and that sits in my mother's jewelry box now a days, I might borrow them sometime so you can see what I'm talking about.

SAVANNAH - CATION

Check Warby Parker for more amazing sun glasses, you can also follow them on twitterfacebook and Instagram, and if you have any suggestions as to where I need to go, please share :)



5 comments:

  1. Love this!! I'm dying over that swim suit! Do you know where it's from?? I've been wanting to try paddle boarding forever!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeatsoles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's Mara Hoffman, most big retailers carry it, even Zappos :)
      I'll let you know how it goes, it's a shop that has free classes Saturday mornings, I'm so excited

      Natalia

      Delete
  2. Loving all three looks you put together! That mara hoffman bikini is so cute! Good luck trying to stand up paddle board!

    xo
    Brittani and Katie
    www.pleasantlypetite.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many amazing options!! I love the bag in the first roundup. That would be perfect for the beach.

    ReplyDelete