Jun 11, 2014

Stripes & Diamonds

I had this pictures saved from last week and I was looking forward to posting them on the blog, I liked how the outfit turned out, the subtle pattern mixing of the stripes and the diamonds from the skirt had me proud of how I now venture more into different fashion choices (ones I definitely wouldn't have made a couple of months ago).

Then life hit, yesterday I was told to drop Benson at the vet for a follow up, and 5 minutes later I got an email saying that I would be dropping him for good, his adopter will pick him up and it will be a foster to adopt kind of situation; he is already approved, but the rescue does not finalize the adoption until all the medical issues have been addressed, but that way he would be with his new dad.
Needless to say I felt like the guy from Indiana Jones at the bottom of the pit who gets his heart ripped out, I mean, I knew this day was coming, but I also knew how I was going to feel about it.... but then I saw the silver lining.... I don't care why or for how long I am getting my chubby meatball when I get back from vacation, this will only postpone the inevitable, and break my heart all over again, but I don't care, I get to spend a little bit more time with him and that is worth all the heartbreaks in the world.
So after those good news I got the courage to share a post with you, and leave for my vacation tomorrow with a smile that will put the Cheshire cat to shame.

My father used to say that God tightens the grip but he will never leave you out of breath, and he was so right.
White skirt - striped portofino - Urban expressions - white sandals

White skirt - striped portofino - Urban expressions - white sandals

White skirt - striped portofino - Urban expressions - white sandals
Skirt:  Forever 21- old (white skirt/ Top: Express / Sandals: Nine West / Bag: Haute Look / Watch: Michael Kors / Earrings: old / Bracelets: Lucky Brand ( saving my pennies for this cuff/ Necklace: Groopdealz / Sunnies: Charlotte Russe
White skirt - striped portofino - Urban expressions - white sandals

White skirt - striped portofino - Urban expressions - white sandals

White skirt - striped portofino - Urban expressions - white sandals

White skirt - striped portofino - Urban expressions - white sandals

White skirt - striped portofino - Urban expressions - white sandals

I have a couple of posts scheduled for the next days that I will be away, but if life happens and I can't get them up, I will see you next week, and thank you so much for being a part of my life.

Linking with Shanna and Kileen

5 comments:

  1. Love
    This whole look!
    Www.theurbanumbrella.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The subtle diamond print on your skirt is just lovely! It looks terrific paired with your cute striped top - love the pockets.

    Jennie@http://apocketfulofpolkadots.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry :( I know that must be hard. but I hope you had a lot of fun on vacation!! and I'm loving your skirt!

    xo,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness I totally feel for you. You must be going through so much pain. You sound like you though are dealing with it pretty well and that is super important.

    ReplyDelete