Jul 28, 2014

BENSON

Remember this picture?? Well, I don't look anything like that anymore, after 3 months in the hands of Adopt-A-Bull I went from that chubby (unhealthy), tick infested, eye discharge, oozing skin mess, to the most handsome thing you have ever seen in your whole life (maybe second to your own babies, I'll give you that)


They have taken care of me, I have a clean bill of health, the tumor was removed (you can read about that here), my skin is doing great, my allergies are under control with some yummy food (this also means my farts are less deadly) and I am ready to find a forever home, I know this will be the death of my foster mommy, I mean, look at that last picture, I sure have her wrapped around my wiggly butt. But think about it this way, if I find a loving home she will be able to foster another bully, and I know is no fun living in the streets.

So, to make me look even more adorable (like that's even possible), this awesome Pet Photographer, Paola, donated her time to make sure all the available dogs get their pictures taken so that people out there know what they are missing, we all need to find homes, and we need to help raise awareness of how important it is to adopt a pet instead of buying from pet stores. Believe it or not a lot of cities in South Florida have already banned the sale of puppies in stores and are being encouraged to partner with rescues and local shelters to help all of us find new homes.

Today I have a huge favor to ask you, I know most of you blog readers loooove your online shopping and the amazing sales they have all the time (I have seen my mommy's packages in the mail) and I know a lot of you have rescue dogs (Jackie and Carylee) and if they are not rescued dogs, you still love them the same. Well, there is this application, IGive, that tracks your purchases at several retailers and donates a percentage to your charity of choice, I would love if it was Adopt-A-Bull, but if there is another one that is closer to your heart, by all means please chose that one, all you have to do is register and install the button, and the App will ask you the first time you shop after registering to confirm your beneficiary, that is all, you can even use it with Ebates, since you will be shopping directly from the retailers website. The only one that won't allow you to do that is Amazon, but it's fine, we will take all the other ones (Gina they have your beloved Express with 2%) like Macy's, Nordstrom, Forever21 (Shanna I know you love this one), Fossil, Hilton,  (for your vacay), Kate Spade, Tory Burch, the list is endless, and the best part is you don't even have to check if they are approved, all you have to do is register and spend all your hard earned money, and benefit some bullies :)

PS: I forgot to tell you, during the month of July they are giving $5 to your beneficiary for every person that signs in, and whoever gets the most friends to sign in can win a $1000 gift card, so pleeease register, pretty please (can you really say no to this face?)

Adopt-A-Bull - bulldog

Adopt-A-Bull - bulldog

Adopt-A-Bull - bulldog

Adopt-A-Bull - bulldog

Adopt-A-Bull - bulldog

Adopt-A-Bull - bulldog

Adopt-A-Bull - bulldog

Adopt-A-Bull - bulldog

If you live in the South Florida area and would like to have that handsome pet of yours look like a million bucks (Christmas card material, I tell you) take a look at Paola's Facebook page, and give her a call, you will be in love with her, and the pictures, I might be biased by the treats she gave me, but you can see the pictures for yourself. 

                                                                                         - Benson-

Linking with Carylee, Elena, Lauren, Molly, CharnelleRhea and Gina


16 comments:

  1. What a handsome fella! He sure does clean up nicely :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, Benson's photos turned out SO cute! Thanks for the shout-out and I will have to check out iGive...glad to know Express is included in their list of retailers!!
    Gina -- On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG Gina he has come such a long way, I am super happy I got to be a part of it

      Delete
  3. Aww!! I am all about rescue animals. Tyler and I will be getting our dog from a shelter when it is finally time to adopt!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a dog that we bought (he was amazing) but what I have seen and experienced with Benson is something completely different, you will love your rescue and he/she will adore you, they are certainly quite special

      Delete
  4. Oh my godddd this is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he is the sweetest thing, just melts your heart

      Delete
  5. So cute! My husband loves Bulldogs!
    xo,
    Jacqueline
    stylininstlouis.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness!! What a cutie!! You can tell in his eyes how thankful he is of you!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeatsoles.blogsot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a cute post! Your dog is just too adorable and you are a cutie pie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ahhhh what a cuddlebug!!!! <3 <3 <3 and these photos are making me consider having my little Mochi have her own photo shoot from a professional :)

    rhea @ rheaetcetera.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I CANNOT even take the cuteness! I love his bow ties! He's one lucky pup to have been rescued by you! Thanks for sharing this story. I didn't adopt my pup, but the next time I would love to. What a cutie pie!
    Marianne
    www.goodgirlgoneglam.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my goodness, these pictures are sooooo cute!! Love them! We rescued our pup and it's definitely the way to go :)

    xo,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete