Jul 14, 2014

Crazy Sunday

I hope everyone had a great weekend, mine was a lot of fun with the world cup final and a baby shower on Sunday, I wore this dress, but changed shoes at the last minute, and I am so happy I did, because the shower was in the backyard of my friend's parents house and I definitely did not want to dig myself of the grass every five minutes. Everything was gorgeous, the decorations, the tables, the set up, and she looked the part, it was a lot of fun, and I was happy to ran into some old friends who I hadn't seen in a while.

After the baby shower I was ready to go home and go to bed, but life had other plans, and this is where my Sunday gets crazy, I walked home and I saw a puddle of blood on the floor dripping from the wall, I looked over at the couch, against which Benson normally lays, and the sheet covering it was drenched in blood, thank God at the same time I saw Benson lift his head, so I knew he was fine. After what felt like an eternity in a criminal minds/CSI episode I was able to figure out what was going on (not that it made any difference), Benson had an infection last week that required drainage tubes, and I have been flushing it out with the medicine they gave me, Sunday morning nothing came out, which meant all the icky stuff was out, what I didn't know, & I learned this morning at the vet is that the pocket where all the pus was does not close or re attach itself to the body right away, and since the tubes were not taken out after the infection cleared out (Sunday morning) the pocket filled out with blood and every time he put pressure on it, like leaning on the wall or couch the blood came out from the tubes.

It was a crazy night, I felt like Amy Adams in Sunshine Cleaning, first giving Benson a bath to wash of patches of crusty blood, then on to the sheets, sofa and walls, quite an experience, the best part was that Benson was wiggling his butt all along, like nothing had happened, he is such a trooper, and after his visit to the vet this morning, I am pleased to inform that the tubes are out and he is just on antibiotics for a few more day, once he is done we can fully move on to find out which food ingredient he is allergic to, and then God willing he should be one healthy bulldog for many years. 
Ruffle dress - printed clutch - Emma & Sophia - statement necklace
Dress: BCBGmaxazria - old / Shoes: gift - Chinese Laundry / Clutch:  BCBGmaxazria - old / Earrings, Bracelet & Necklace: Emma & Sophia
animal print clutch - Emma & Sophia - Crystal bracelet

Ruffle dress - printed clutch - Emma & Sophia - statement necklace

Ruffle dress - printed clutch - Emma & Sophia - statement necklace

Ruffle dress - printed clutch - Emma & Sophia - statement necklace

Ruffle dress - printed clutch - Emma & Sophia - statement necklace

Ruffle dress - printed clutch - Emma & Sophia - statement necklace

Ruffle dress - printed clutch - Emma & Sophia - statement necklace

PS: Today I look nothing like this pictures, I spent the night on the floor next to Benson, who didn't get much sleep since he was in a new room (with no carpet to avoid accidents), and I went to the vet as soon as they opened, so today I am sporting ripped jeans, a tee, 1 day old hair and not even mascara.

Linking with Carylee, Gina, Molly, Lauren, Charnelle and Claire



8 comments:

  1. Your jewelry is so beautiful! I love it! The ruffles on your skirt are so cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, first and foremost I love your outfit and think it was a great choice. I know what you mean about not wanting to wear heels in the grass though! Outdoor venues present interesting challenges with footwear and overall comfort. Your accessories are amazing here! Love the bracelets, necklace, and clutch! I'm SO SORRY about poor Benson!! And also sorry you had to do so much yucky cleanup. I hope Benson's doing alright now!
    Gina -- On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this dress and that necklace is so pretty! I'm sorry to hear about your pet. I hope he feels better soon!

    Nicole
    Nicole to the Nines

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear about Benson! That must have been so scary!! Glad everything is ok now.

    Love your skirt!

    xo,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dress is very unusual with the rara at the bottom. It looks like seperates at first glance. I adore your gorgeous clutch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun dress! Thanks for linking-up with Little Miss Monday! ;)

    God bless,
    XO, Claire
    http://www.littlemissfashionqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. sorry, hope the vet appointment went well ;(
    love the necklace!
    Marie @ In Our Happy Place

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well I'm sure you look just as cute in your non dressy clothes! I love this outfit! And my jaw was dropped reading your whole debacle. What a big heart you have though, and he is lucky to have you. Carylee | morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete