Jul 9, 2014

Gracias

I took these pictures over the holiday weekend, when we played Brazil (during the actual game I wore their current yellow shirt, but this is what I left the house in) and even though we  lost, this world cup has been a great one for Colombia, not only because we delivered awesome futbol, we got the farthest we have ever been on a world cup, but most of all because we came together as a country, after the recent elections it was very sad to see how divided we were, but during this past month everyone forgot about that, there were many hashtags going around, "together for one country", "it's worth it to dream", and then the last days "thank you guys". 

These kids have written their name not only in futbol history but in our own history as a country, they have shown us what no one else ever did, that we can all wear the same shirt, hope and work together as one. I am so proud of my country, and grateful, that even though we had to go home, I was able to celebrate this accomplishment and America's birthday all in one day, 2 countries that mean so much to me.








Don't forget today is the last day to enter the giveaway.

Linking with Shanna

7 comments:

  1. You're so cute! I didn't know you were Colombian! :)

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeatsoles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the World Cup inspiration! It's at such a fever pitch right now! Cute outfit!

    xo, Kenya

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this fun bright outfit. and love the fun matching nails too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I can't wear the shirt 3 days in a row, I'll match my nails :)

      Delete
  4. That's definitely a big accomplishment! I'm loving the bright colors :)

    xo,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete