Jul 21, 2014

Poshfind

I took this pictures last Friday at a little shop that I have been eyeing on my way home, normally in the mornings I take the highway, but in the afternoon since I am in no rush I take inter-city roads, they are less congested and sometimes you find cool places along the way, I am quite not that adventurous when it comes to taking blog pictures (most of them are right outside my house), but that doesn't stop me from looking around on my way home.
This little shop has the cutest little wooden boat sitting outside next to this pretty colored wall, and I thought I'd give it a chance, the only thing I didn't take into consideration was the sun, unfortunately there was no way I could get the boat in the picture without putting my camera in the middle of the busy street, so the aqua wall will have to do for now, besides the red light backed up the traffic next to the store and I still feel kind of weird taking pictures of myself in public, so next time... 

Embroidered dress - blue bag - sandals

Embroidered dress - blue bag - sandals
Dress: French Connection via Poshmark (embroidered shift dress) / Bag: Michael kors / Sandals: Marc Fisher via Macys / Watch: Michael Kors/ Bracelet: old / Sunnies: Forever 21

Embroidered dress - blue bag - sandals

I found this French Connection dress on Poshmark a couple of days ago for $8 ($13 with shipping) and I couldn't be happier, I love the embroidered detail, the big pockets and how light it is, I do need a slip for it since it's a little see through, but besides that this is such a perfect find. 
I was always a little skeptical about places like Poshmark and Thrift stores, they are not very popular where I grew up (they might be now, but not in my time), we always viewed second hand stores as a place where people shop when they can't afford other stores, it might have a lot to do with the fact that Colombia was not a very trend/season focused Country, we don't have 4 seasons, so our wardrobe remains very steady all year round, we tend to buy more basic pieces than to follow trends, so when someone discards a piece of clothing it has been very loved and very worn; bottom line you would never find pieces with the tags attached at a second hand store, here on the other hand people go through clothes at an amazing trend, love it today, to the salvation army tomorrow, so it is possible to find great pieces, like this one at ridiculous prices. I guess I have embraced the American shopping way with full force, but I also have learned to do it in a smart way, where I don't spend all my money on it, kind of proud of myself if I may say so.

Embroidered dress - blue bag - sandals

Embroidered dress - blue bag - sandals

Embroidered dress - blue bag - sandals

Embroidered dress - blue bag - sandals

Embroidered dress - blue bag - sandals

Linking with Carylee, Elena, Molly, Charnelle, Agi and Lauren 


25 comments:

  1. Love this dress on you-it has a pretty boho vibe & love the blue florals!! That's such a cute little shop!
    Marta, xo
    www.sweatersstripesandsweets.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the embroidery on this dress, and the fact that it has pockets is a plus. Pretty blue bag to go with.
    from the link up, jess
    please stop by
    http://www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This dress is just so adorable! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. shut up! that dress is adorbs, can't believe the price!
    Marie @ In Our Happy Place

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I was shocked when I found it, I couldn't believe no one had taken it yet

      Delete
  5. You dress is so super cute! ...and at that price!
    x Nina
    http://trendsurvivor.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was such a great deal on a French Connection dress! What a steal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That dress was such a great find and such a great deal!!! I LOVE it!

    xo,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing bargain! You could probably sell it on ebay when you're done and make a profit. I love the unusual cut of the dress with beautiful embroidery florals. Your bag is the perfect accessory.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great dress! I love me a pretty shirt dress and yours is gorgeous with those blue flowers.

    I usually have a photographer so it is not that weird taking pictures in public, but I do feel a bit awkward about selfies.

    Alex - Funky Jungle

    ReplyDelete
  10. that is such a pretty dress and it looks so perfect for the summer heat! :) <3

    happy tuesday!
    rhea | Rhea, Et Cetera - Style to Inspire Link Up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about it, it was like 6 PM and I still was melting outside

      Delete
  11. What a fun dress! Goes perfectly with the background!
    xo,
    Jacqueline
    stylininstlouis.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ok luckiest find ever!! That dress is beautiful!!! I'm super jealous!
    Visiting from the link-up!
    Jessi
    www.haircutandgeneralattitude.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, who would have guessed the little treasures you can find in Poshmark

      Delete
  13. Breezy summer look, doll! :)

    -Ashley
    http://lestylorouge.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. You got that fabulous dress for $8!!!!! Score girl! Score! You look so pretty! I love Poshmark! Such a great site!
    Marianne
    www.goodgirlgoneglam.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think Poshmark is definitely geared more towards buyers vs. sellers. I hated selling on Poshmark, but agree that you can score some great finds! Great dress! And did I miss which bag you decided to buy?! Carylee | morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. That dress is such a great deal and it is so pretty! It look great against the aqua wall. It is always interesting taking pictures in public, but these are great and worth any interesting looks!

    Nicole
    Nicole to the Nines

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is such a fun dress! A good poshmark find. Love the color of that wall too, it makes for a great backdrop!

    Katie
    Style Diary

    ReplyDelete