Aug 4, 2014

Pineapples & Braids

I wore this outfit last week on a day when the chances of rain were under 50%, we all know that doesn't mean anything and mother nature changes her mind at the last minute, but at least with covered shoes I was able to keep my toes dry. I put on this pineapple shorts that I've had in my closet for a couple of days now, waiting on a sunny day and since those seem to be pretty scarce over here lately I decided I was not going to wait anymore, I paired them with a cut out and lace top, my Rebecca Minkoff bag that I bought helped enabled by Carylee and Angela, and since I was secretly prepared for rain I wore my hair up in a fake braid.
On days when I don't feel like doing anything fancy with my hair, or when the rain might mess a perfectly styled hair this fake braid is a life saver, it looks like there is so much effort to it, but it's just a 2 strand twist on both sides finished with a low bun, and you are good to go.

pineapple shorts - Emma & Sophia - Rebecca Minkoff bag

Emma & Sophia - leaf earrings

pineapple shorts - Emma & Sophia - Rebecca Minkoff bag

lace back

pineapple shorts - Emma & Sophia - Rebecca Minkoff bag
Shorts:  J Crew Factory / Top: Forever 21 - old (Lace button downshort sleeve top/ Shoes: Ivanka Trump via Macys / Bag: Rebecca Minkoff / Watch: Michael Kors / Earrings: Emma & Sophia / Bracelets: DIY, Emma & Sophia, old

pineapple shorts - Emma & Sophia - Rebecca Minkoff bag

boat shoes - diamond mini bag

pineapple shorts - Emma & Sophia - Rebecca Minkoff bag

We have a saying in Spanish that goes something like "we make plans and God laughs", it refers to all those times when we plan something so carefully and then life happens, well this is what happened to me on Friday, I was headed home, to fix my hair a bit better, tuck in the flyaways and take some blog pictures, but then the road that I normally take was down to a single lane with the 5 o'clock traffic, so you can just picture what that looked like, on top of that the sky was turning so dark that a crazy summer shower was about to break lose, so my carefully planned outfit pictures where a no go.

Fortunately I decided to take back roads between houses to avoid that crazy traffic, and was so happy when I came across this old church (you can't really see it in the pics), it was so perfect, it was closed so no one would ask questions, it obviously had a parking lot, and the entrance was covered, so if it started raining I might still have a chance of taking pictures without getting all wet, so my plans of fixing my hair didn't work out in the end, but I was still able to get some pictures with a different background, and I am very pleased with it.

Linking with Carylee, Lauren, Rachelle, MollyLaurenRheaLaurenElena & Laura

13 comments:

  1. I love the pineapple print on your shorts and your gold shoes! The church definitely makes for great blank canvas background that is perfect for these pictures. I hope you had a great weekend!

    Nicole
    Nicole to the Nines

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhhh the bag! I absolutely love it and it looks so great with your outfit!

    xo,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pineapple print is always a cute look with anything these days. Those shoes are just rocking everyones world, I love them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pineapple prints are everywhere at the moment. Such a fun pattern. the neckline of your top is so quirky, I love the cut out detail at the back. you look great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So chic and fun! ;)

    God bless,
    XO, Claire
    http://www.littlemissfashionqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your hairstyle! And what a fun skirt :)

    Found you via the linkup. Would you like to follow each other on GFC and social media? Pls let me know if you’re up for it :) xoxo

    Abby of http://www.fashchronicles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Soooo cute!! Totally loving the hair! That bag is perfection! I almost bought the same one on my vacation, now I wish I did! Love it on you!

    <3 Shannon
    upbeatsoles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. these shorts are so cute and I love your hair.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rain + hair is the worst! But I love your creative braid style here! And your new bag is SO PRETTY!! What a great choice!
    Gina - On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your blue quilted bag, and the pineapple shorts are so cute. I know what you mean about rain as I have long hair and it has even a hard time in the humidity! Love the details of the shirt, the open color and lace
    \from the link up

    please stop by, jess

    http://www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a similar Rebecca Minkoff bag and I wear it all the time! Cute look

    Cha Cha The Fashion Genius

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those printed shorts are amazing! And what a great idea for your hair--I am always looking for quick styles on mornings I am running late :)

    Tori
    FashionBlingGirlyThings

    ReplyDelete
  13. Um cutest shorts ever!! I love the navy and cobalt together too!

    Jessi
    www.haircutandgeneralattitude.com

    ReplyDelete