Aug 18, 2014

Red & Pink

I have never been a huge fan of red & pink together, there was always something that seemed a bit off, to me they weren't like two shades of the same color that go so well together, they were more like two clashing tones, so I never even gave it a chance, but once I put this skirt and top together I was trying to find a purse that would go with it, and since the top is not like a really girly pink, and the bag is not a full blown passion red, I figured this was my chance to give it a try and see how I like it.

I have to confess I am still not 100% sold on it, don't get me wrong, I like how the outfit came out, but I don't know if this is one combination that deserves a second chance, what do you think? Have you mixed those colors? How did you pair them?
Striped skirt - ruffle top - envelope clutch - Emma & Sophia - aldo flats

Striped skirt - ruffle top - envelope clutch - Emma & Sophia - aldo flats

Striped skirt - ruffle top - envelope clutch - Emma & Sophia - aldo flats
Skirt:  Forever 21 - old (striped midi skirt - striped mini skirt)/ Top: Orlando Outlet mall - don't remember the store (powder blue ruffle top - splurge) / Shoes: Aldo - old (polka dot loafers) / Clutch: BCBGeneration via Macys / Necklace: Emma & Sophia / Earrings:Emma & Sophia / Bracelets: Forever 21

Striped skirt - ruffle top - envelope clutch - Emma & Sophia - aldo flats


Striped skirt - ruffle top - envelope clutch - Emma & Sophia - aldo flats

Striped skirt - ruffle top - envelope clutch - Emma & Sophia - aldo flats

Striped skirt - ruffle top - envelope clutch - Emma & Sophia - aldo flats

Striped skirt - ruffle top - envelope clutch - Emma & Sophia - aldo flats

Linking with Carylee (stop by, it's her birthday), Lauren, Charnele, Lauren, Molly, ElenaLaura and Rhea


27 comments:

  1. Super cute combo!! I love the stripes with the lovely pink... Hope you have a fabulous week!! :)
    xox, Crystelle
    CrystelleBoutique

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a pretty look! I love the stripe skirt with that top! And I think you styled pink and red great!

    Lauren xo
    Sophisticated In Style

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not usually bold in my color combinations, but I really like how this turned out on you. I think because both the red and pink are more muted shades it blends really nicely :)
    Gina - Find Me on Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving this color combination on you!! and that skirt is gorgeous!

    xo,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel the same way with the two colors but you totally pulled it off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a bit weary about giving them a shot, but I guess they worked out just fine

      Delete
  6. So pretty and chic! In love with that skirt!

    <3 Shannon
    upbeatsoles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of those amazing finds from Forever 21, and it has pockets :)

      Delete
  7. Its a bit like teaming coral and red, its not suppossed to go but I think it works here because the black and white skirt breaks the 2 colours up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like this color combo! I've wanted to try it out. It looks great on you!

    Nicole
    Nicole to the Nines

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the pink and black, one of my fav color combos. Pretty detail on the top, and love the jewelry.
    from the link up
    please stop by, jess
    http://www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. that skirt is a dream !

    http://carolinapinglo.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the pink and red color combo! The skirt is so pretty! Love that you take risks! No pain, no gain, and you look great!
    Marianne
    www.goodgirlgoneglam.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I like about blogging, it pushes you to try different things

      Delete
  12. This color combo works reallywell..love the skirt! Grea statement piece too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this skirt, it is definitely one of my favorite pieces :)

      Delete
  13. I pair every version of green together, I think pink and red go together the same way!

    Marie @ In Our Happy Place

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think pink and red go together so well! However I never used to be a fan of it until I bought a red pencil skirt, haha!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All it takes is just one piece, and you are hooked :)

      Delete
  15. Oh I love pink and red! I think the clutch is the perfect addition to your outfit.

    xo, Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
  16. This look is amazing
    Love your skirt. It look lovely on you
    Kisses
    Maggie D.
    The Indian Savage diary

    ReplyDelete
  17. The shirt is so pretty and I love your stripe skirt too! Beautiful look!
    xo, Jane
    http://www.fitfabfunmom.com

    ReplyDelete

  18. get your problem solve once and for all.i am
    a living testimony to it.
    (1) If you want your ex back.
    (2)if you want cure for hiv disease
    (3)if you want cure for Ebola warriors
    (4) if you always have bad dreams.
    (5) You want to be promoted in your office.
    (6) You want women/men to run after you.
    (7) If you want a child.
    (8) You want to be rich.
    (9) You want to tie your husband/wife to be
    yours forever.
    (10) If you need financial assistance.
    (11) How you been scammed and you want
    to recover you lost money.
    (12)if you want to stop your divorce.
    (13)if you want to divorce your husband.
    (14)if you want your wishes to be granted.
    contact. drdibia1spelltemple@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete