Aug 6, 2014

Wii fit mess

So, do you remember a couple of days ago when I posted some pink pants that I've had for like 10 yrs, and I was so proud that they still fit me, well here is the "real" story, when I gain weight I pack it in my mid-section, my arms, and sadly my face, so even though the pants still fit I have actually put on some weight. I am by no means calling myself obese or even fat, but I do have to address that once you get over the 30 threshold you have to be more careful as you won't bounce back as easy as before.

This all started after my vacation, I was aware that I had gained a few pounds but the slap in the face came from my Wii fit, oh boy, was that a rude awakening. A while back I was only working part time and my boss told me to start around 10 or 11 so that I can work out in the mornings, so one of my good friends and I decided to go all out and try tons of different workouts buying groupons and living social deals, we tried yoga, boot camps, zumba and one particular workout called DIRT (design integrated resistance training), this was by far the hardest, and obviously the one with the best results, we were rotating between classes and running sometimes in the afternoon, needless to say we were doing awesome, and since I had more time I was also eating better, then I decided to buy a Wii fit and try more yoga posses at home, to improve myself and stretch after running. If you have never used a Wii fit, it keeps track of your progress, the days you work out, the amount of time, and you can also log in any extra activities you do on your own, it's not by any means a substitute for a gym but it's a good complement.
Last week I decided it was about time I started running again and whipped out my Wii to finish with a bit of stretching, well I was shocked when the "while ago" I mentioned above turned out to be "it has been 625 days since your last workout" (said the Wii) and then......... "you have gained 7lbs since your last workout" WHATTTTTT???? 7lbs dear Lord, so I must be honest and share that even though the pants fit my old tops might not, and I will have to learn to eat less and keep on running. How about that for a random Wednesday??? Have you ever been slapped in the face like that?

PS: I had an older picture on my phone wearing this same outfit, and even thought it's not excessive weight gain you can actually see the difference.
Boyfriend jeans - animal print top - boat shoes - Straw bag - poshmark

Boyfriend jeans - animal print top - boat shoes - Straw bag - poshmark

Boyfriend jeans - animal print top - boat shoes - Straw bag - poshmark
Jeans: American Eagle / Top: Forever 21 - old (Leopard print option) / Shoes: Macys - old (Patent boat shoes) / Bag: Jason Wu for Target via Poshmark / Sunnies: Charlotte Russe / Watch: Michael Kors via Macys / Bracelets: Forever 21

Boyfriend jeans - animal print top - boat shoes - Straw bag - poshmark


Boyfriend jeans - animal print top - boat shoes - Straw bag - poshmark

Boyfriend jeans - animal print top - boat shoes - Straw bag - poshmark

Linking with Shanna


4 comments:

  1. Oh man! I didn't know the Wii could hold you so accountable for your lifestyle choices!! Well...hopefully it motivates you in a good way! The tiger striped top = fierce!! What a fun piece.
    Gina - On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl you look great! That wii fit is a little rascal isn't it! After 30 my weight fluctuated more than I would've like and I have to work out WAY more than I would like. One word= annoying. Throw that wii fit out! Ha! Love that top!
    Marianne
    www.goodgirlgoneglam.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you, doll. Keeping fit is a constant battle- and a little vacation here, overloaded at work there, and suddenly it's an extra few pounds and you're like WAIT WHAT?!

    You're doing it right now- getting back into the routine, trying out new workouts, etc. You can do it!

    -Ashley
    http://lestylorouge.com

    ReplyDelete