Sep 24, 2014

Burgundy & Lace

Burgundy and corduroy have always reminded me of colder weather (keep in mind there is no real winter in Colombia), I grew up spending all my weekends in a little house we had up in the mountains, the weather was between low 70's and high 50's all year round, so sweaters, hot cocoa and cozy pants were a must, I still remember a pair of brow corduroys that I wore until they fell apart.

Burgundy pants - lace top - tan cross body - Emma & Sophia

Burgundy pants - lace top - tan cross body - Emma & Sophia
Pants:  Victoria's Secret/ Top: Forever 21 / Shoes: Aldo - old (cream flats) / Bag: Target via Poshmark / Necklace: Gift (statement necklaces) / Watch: Michael Kors

Burgundy pants - lace top - tan cross body - Emma & Sophia

Burgundy pants - lace top - tan cross body - Emma & Sophia

Burgundy pants - lace top - tan cross body - Emma & Sophia

Burgundy pants - lace top - tan cross body - Emma & Sophia

Burgundy pants - lace top - tan cross body - Emma & Sophia

Burgundy pants - lace top - tan cross body - Emma & Sophia

Corduroys bring a very particular memory to my mind, you see in Colombia we don't have April's fool, we have a similar "joke" day but it takes place in December, so I was spending the holiday weeks with some relatives in our little mountain house and my cousin and I decided to play a joke on my parents, we had been rollerskating (don't pay attention to the age reference)  and decided to pretend that I had fallen and cut my face, we went to the hospital to ask one of the nurses to help us fake the cut and stitches. You can imagine how she flipped out and started lecturing us on how that was a hospital and not a playground and everything else that came to her mind, after maybe 10-15 minutes of lecture and when we were ready to leave one of the Doctors comes out to see what was going on, and guess what he was wearing...... a pair of brown corduroy pants.

He asked us what happened and after we told him, he said he would help us only because I was wearing his favorite pants too; so he put some thread on my cheek, covered it with micro pore and iodine and we walked out of the hospital looking like I just got some bad cut on my face that require 5 stitches, minus the bruising and red eyes that should have gone with it.

You can imagine how everyone freaked out when they saw "the stitches" that cut half of my face, everyone was freaking out and we were in a lot of trouble after, regardless it turned out to be a great joke; but in the end the joke was on me, a couple of years latter I had to have surgery to remove a cyst from my face, and you can guess where the scar of that surgery is, right were my fake scar should have been.

How is that for a random memory over some corduroy pants, do you have any pieces that bring back a particular event in your life? 

Linking with Shanna & Liz


9 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! I have a lace top like that and I love how versatile it is! I can wear it over different colors for different looks. Plus, it can be dressed up with a skirt or worn with shorts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree about cords being associated with fall. Love the burgundy.

    xo, Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving those pants! Such a great color on you.

    xo,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love burgundy, these are great pants on you, love the necklace as well. THe lace top is so pretty!
    from the link up
    please stop by, jess
    http://www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh, I love this combination of the lace and gray and burgundy! And I love random outfit associations! I do have a few particular outfits like that as well!
    Gina - On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your burgundy dress pants, I think I have a similar pair I need to go look for it. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the burgundy and lace! That top is fabulous!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeatsoles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. One of my favorite combos. So perfect for fall. Fabulous post, love. If you get a moment, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my latest. xx :)

    www.fashboulevard.com

    ReplyDelete