Sep 29, 2014

Spots + Stripes

I hope everyone had a great weekend, mine was pretty uneventful, but I did manage to get some rest, and squeeze in some grocery shopping to plan my whole meals in advance, I have been trying to eat a little bit better and more consistently throughout the day and planing ahead is a great way to make sure I stay on track, it has allowed me to make better choices, plus I do love this little market close to my house, sometimes I am able to find fruits that I haven't seen since I moved here, so it's a great little treat.

Last week it was like monsoon season down here in Florida, it was pouring everyday all day, kind of crazy if you take into consideration that we normally get 5 minute showers and that's it, so while a lot of you are already wearing boots with light layers we had to settle for rain boots and, in my case, a dress (that I totally copied from Rachelle). I have never been a fan of  how boots and a dress look on me, I don't know why, but I have to admit that it is starting to slowly rub on me and I might give it another try once we are "allowed" to wear boots for a full day without melting down here.

Stripped dress - rain boots - #poshfind - Emma & Sophia - Gap
Dress: Gap / Rain Boots: Charlotte Russe - old (leopard rain boots) / Bag: Target - old Via Poshmark (Lavender bag $10) / Watch: Michael Kors / Earrings: Emma & Sophia / Bracelet: River Street store (Savannah)

Stripped dress - rain boots - #poshfind - Emma & Sophia - Gap

Stripped dress - rain boots - #poshfind - Emma & Sophia - Gap

Stripped dress - rain boots - #poshfind - Emma & Sophia - Gap

Stripped dress - rain boots - #poshfind - Emma & Sophia - Gap

Stripped dress - rain boots - #poshfind - Emma & Sophia - Gap

Stripped dress - rain boots - #poshfind - Emma & Sophia - Gap

Stripped dress - rain boots - #poshfind - Emma & Sophia - Gap

Stripped dress - rain boots - #poshfind - Emma & Sophia - Gap

Linking with CaryleeMollyElenaCharneleLaurenLeeannLauren, and Rhea


19 comments:

  1. Sometimes what you really need is just a low-key weekend! Love this dress on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was raining like crazy in my part of Florida too. It is nice to have an uneventful weekend now and then gives you time to really relax. I really like those earrings, such a pretty blue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a really cute dress and I love the stripes + leopard combo! I always associate rain with cold so I bet it's quite a challenge to dress comfortably for warm weather AND rain at the same time! It's fun to see how you Florida ladies handle it!
    Gina - On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute look, perfect for the terrible FL weather we've been having. That dress is so cute, I love the ties on the shoulders. Great boots too!
    Tiffany
    www.stylestealsandstilettos.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a super cute look on you, love the leopard boots!!
    Marta
    www.sweatersstripesandsweets.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey,
    I really like your lovely Blog. Do you want to follow each other via GFC?
    If yes please tell me and i follow you 100% back :)

    Greetings & Kisses from Germany
    www.sophias-fashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty dress!! and I love your rain boots!

    xo,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice!!

    http://life15juicy.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. That dress is gorgeous! As someone who loves stripes and leopard print equally, I love that you paired the two of them together. You look incredible!

    www.lastylenysmile.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love those rain boots!
    Marianne
    www.goodgirlgoneglam.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving the pretty stripe on that dress, doll!
    Happy Tuesday!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love those boots!!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. looks lovely. the rain boots are so fun! =)
    xo,
    nancy

    http://www.adoretoadorn.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is the perfect look for the weather we've been having! Those boots are adorable!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeatsoles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love those shoulder ties! I've never been a big fan of rainboots either, but I do like the look of ankle boots and a dress together.

    Another Beautiful Thing

    ReplyDelete
  16. gorgeous outfit!
    http://saltskinned.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have been wanting a pair of rain boots forever but it rains like 2 days a year here in CA so it just didn't make any sense. Love the fun pattern of you rain boots.

    P.S. I hope you will join my weekly link up on Thursday.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the boots! And the dress is so fun :)

    Thanks for linking up for MMG!

    ReplyDelete