Oct 2, 2014

Leather skirt

When I saw this skirt on Amy I knew I wanted to give it a shot, see a couple of years ago I missed on a great blue faux leather skirt from Forever 21, to this day I still regret not getting it and sadly they never brought it back, so I wasn't about to make the same mistake with this one, I love the color and it looked great on Amy and as she said it, for $18 what's the worse that can happen. I am not 100% sold on how it looks on me since I am shorter that Amy, and her legs seem to go on for miles, but I think there are other ways to style it that might make it work.
I was thinking maybe (weather permitting) some tights and if I am feeling daring enough a pair of booties, a perfect look for the holidays, specially with this rich burgundy color.
As for the rest of this outfit you have my old F21 clutch that I love, a Barcelona cami that Gina raves about all the time, and that I got on crazy sale for $16, and my black ShoeDazzle sandals, I kept the accessories simple and since the rain had messed my hair I put it up in a pony tail and called it a day.


Burgundy leather skirt - polka dot top - black clutch - bangles

Burgundy leather skirt - polka dot top - black clutch - bangles
Skirt: Forever 21 / Top: Express / Bag: Forever 21 - old (two toned clutch - Roll top clutch / Shoes: ShoeDazzle / Watch: Michael Kors - old / Earrings: Charlotte Russe (silver hoops) / Bracelets: Forever 21
Burgundy leather skirt - polka dot top - black clutch - bangles

Burgundy leather skirt - polka dot top - black clutch - bangles

Burgundy leather skirt - polka dot top - black clutch - bangles

Burgundy leather skirt - polka dot top - black clutch - bangles

Burgundy leather skirt - polka dot top - black clutch - bangles

Linking with Stylin' in St LouisMix & Match FashionThe Tiny HeartHappiness at MidlifeStyle ElixirThe Grits BlogVodka Infused LemonadeSincerely Jenna Marie and Perfectly Coutured

14 comments:

  1. in this period I particularly love leather, I think it is so cool and sexy
    xxx
    mari
    www.ilovegreeninspiration.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leather skirt is huge this season.. great piece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This look is just so perfect! Love this skirt!
    xo,
    Jacqueline
    stylininstlouis.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty!! Loving that skirt and we are almost shoe twins today! :)

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeatsoles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving leather for fall, and this skirt is too cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats a great leather skirt, I love the colour and its perfect for fall.

    Princess Audu

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really loving the color of that skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look at you, Ms Sassypants! I love this! What a great tank - I just picked up the ivory with black dots! It has such great layering potential! And that skirt! You're rocking it!! Carylee | morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hate it when you miss out on things - sometimes I wonder if non-buyers remorse is worse than buyers remorse!
    That skirt is a great color for fall, and while we all wish we had Amy's legs, it looks adorable on you as well!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect look! I love this leather skirt, the color and cut are amazing!
    xo, Jane
    http://www.fitfabfunmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love those shoes! The color of that skirt is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love burgundy and pink together! Such a great color match!
    Marianne
    www.goodgirlgoneglam.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Girl I LOVE this on you! I love it with the polka dot cami. One of those has been on my wish list and you are making me want it even more! I am so happy you bought it. I was actually thinking it looked better on you because it was a tad longer. I'm walking a fine line on mine being too short. Thank you so much for your kind words. You totally made my day!

    xo, Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun faux leather skirt for this price! I love the soft pink paired with the burgundy color. I think this skirt will look perfect with tights and booties as you describe.

    Thank you for joining up TBT Fashion link up and I hope to see you this Thursday.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete