Oct 30, 2014

Look what I got, more cobalt and another skirt

I promise I have not been wearing cobalt every day this week, but I had to share this awesome skirt (yes in Florida we still wear skirts) that I also got during the Columbus day sale on crazy sale, extra 50% off the already reduced $20 tag. I have always wanted to try this pleated skirt trend but since I am so short I was afraid it might make me look like extra puffy, but I figured for $10 there is no way I can go wrong.

I must say I am really pleased with the outcome, paired with this semi-fitted turtleneck the volume of the skirt is toned down a bit; the material is stiff which means even on windy days I won't be flashing anyone, and the color.... what can I say, you already know by now that I am obsessed. This is quite a blue overload, but I don't think it looks too heavy and the tiny pop of color from the earrings gives it a nice touch, so tell me what awesome trendy pieces have you scored on major sale?

Cobalt pleated skirt - stripped turtleneck - cobalt wedges - cobalt bag
Skirt: Forever 21 / Top: Old Navy / Sandals: Shoedazzle - old  (cobalt pumps) / Bag: Michael Kors - pink version  / Necklace: Signature 1928 / Cuff: Forever 21 / Watch: Michael Kors / Earrings: Emma & Sophia

Cobalt pleated skirt - stripped turtleneck - cobalt wedges - cobalt bag

Cobalt pleated skirt - stripped turtleneck - cobalt wedges - cobalt bag

Cobalt pleated skirt - stripped turtleneck - cobalt wedges - cobalt bag

Cobalt pleated skirt - stripped turtleneck - cobalt wedges - cobalt bag

Cobalt pleated skirt - stripped turtleneck - cobalt wedges - cobalt bag

Cobalt pleated skirt - stripped turtleneck - cobalt wedges - cobalt bag

For those of you who have commented on Benson's adoption thank you so much, it was really hard over the weekend, but my nest wasn't empty for long, on Tuesday I picked up the cutest teddy bear you have ever seen, he is only 3, an owner surrender (good health condition) and too fluffy for words, here is a sneak peek of the little rascal.



Linking with Stylin' in St LouisMix & Match FashionThe Tiny HeartHappiness at MidlifeStyle ElixirThe Grits BlogVodka Infused LemonadeSincerely Jenna MarieDesign Life Diaries and Perfectly Coutured



11 comments:

  1. The is your color girl!!!! Love it! The texture on this skirt is also amazing and I always love looking at photos of your pup!
    Marianne
    www.goodgirlgoneglam.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl, and bulldogs are definitely show stoppers, this one stole my heart the second I saw him

      Delete
  2. I have that necklace, and never thought to style it tht way...thanks for the inspiration!! -xo

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anytime, I love finding pieces I own styled in new ways :)

      Delete
  3. I was just about to comment on your outfit, then I scrolled down and saw your puppy OMG! SO adorable. congrats.
    I love the shoes, sexy and so pretty a color along with the skirt and how you chose stripes to add to the outfit
    from the link up,

    please stop by, jess xx

    http://www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love love love that you foster puppy dogs, that is so selfless!

    This one is definitely a cutie & that outfit is a keeper :)

    xoxo, SS

    www.TheSouthernStylista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are the best, this is only my second one, I had Benson for almost 6 months as he was an older dog, but they found an awesome family for him, I'll do it until I can have one of my own :)

      Delete
  5. You look amazing! That skirt and the way you styled it, adorable!

    God bless,
    XO, Claire
    Http://www.littlemissfashionqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a big fan of cobalt blue and this skirt is stunning on you. Congrats on the new pup - he is too precious!!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the cobalt blue with the black and white stripes! This look is gorgeous! And your new pup is sooooo adorable! xo Andrea

    Boho Bunnie

    ReplyDelete