Oct 22, 2014

Ruffle dress

On Monday I kept it super short because I had a very important meeting to attend, I had to take an assessment test for work, and it was at the government center closest to my house. See I normally work by myself in a small office where I can really wear PJ's if I wanted to, so when I got the appointment I knew I had to wear more appropriate office attire, since it is not my everyday wear I really don't have tons of things to chose from, but I do have a few dresses that come in handy, like this green ruffle dress, paired with some nude pumps and an aqua bag to keep it fun (formal doesn't have to be boring, right?) were just what I needed.

I love this dress, I bought it at Marshall's a long time ago and it has been a life saver more than once, it has a good length, a bit of color (not too loud) and the collar detail brings it up a notch and it simplifies the accessories you need; here I kept them minimum with a watch and some pearls studs (that you can't see) that my mother gave me for my first communion, they were hers before so they are more of a family heirloom.

The assessment went pretty well and I should have the results next week, fingers crossed the results confirm how I believe I did.

PS I was wearing a nude lipstick with a bit of sheen, but in the pictures I look completely dead, so I do apologize for that :)
Ruffle dress - quilted bag - nude pumps
Dress: Marshall's (linen dress) / Shoes: Marshall's (nude pumps - pumps with bows / Bag: Forever 21 via Poshmark (red/navy version) / Watch: Michael Kors

Ruffle dress - quilted bag - nude pumps

Ruffle dress - quilted bag - nude pumps

Ruffle dress - quilted bag - nude pumps

Ruffle dress - quilted bag - nude pumps

Ruffle dress - quilted bag - nude pumps


Ruffle dress - quilted bag - nude pumps


Linking with Because Shanna said soChic Street StyleDesign Life Diaries, & Liz


9 comments:

  1. Very pretty dress and I love it paired with the soft blue purse. And no you do not look dead - LOL!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    P.S. Hope to see you tomorrow for TBT Fashion link up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty dress, I adore the ruffles, and your quilted back is just lovely!

    House of Illusions

    ReplyDelete
  3. This dress is adorable!! In love with the color and those sunnies are so perfect!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeatsoles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad it went well! I love this dress on you. The color is so pretty!

    xo,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there. Stopping by via the Southern Girls FB page.
    Wow, love those colors... looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like that the dress has such pretty ruffles!

    God bless,
    XO, Claire
    Http://www.littlemissfashionqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look absolutely stunning!

    Love this!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely colour!

    http://beautyfollower.blogspot.gr

    ReplyDelete
  9. This dress has such a classic silhouette, and the color looks really good on you!

    ReplyDelete