Oct 9, 2014

Still in skirts

And yes, you guessed right, as much as I am in love with all the gorgeous scarves and vests that I keep seeing everywhere, down here we are still wearing shorts and skirts. You think that if we are going to be stiffed out of fall we would at least get to enjoy late sunsets, but no sir, the sun is playing a bad trick on us, super bright and hot during the day but early in bed by 7, no no no, not fair.

So, since we should do the best with what we have I am determined to wear my summer closet to the fullest, you have already seen this ruffle skirt and this madras top before, but I thought they were a good match paired with my comfy flats from target (that I got on crazy sale, just like this top) and this color blocked cross-body from Marshalls and I was good to go. I have to admit that I have a new found love for cross-body bags, they are the most comfortable thing ever and always out of the way when we are going through racks of clothing, or grocery shopping, you know? #amIright
ruffle skirt - check top - cross body - flats
Skirt:  Forever 21 / Top: Forever 21 - old (Check top) / Shoes: Target - old (snake print flats / Bag: Marshalls  / Earrings: / Watch: Michael Kors / Bracelets:  Chloe & Isabel; Forever 21 - all old

ruffle skirt - check top - cross body - flats

ruffle skirt - check top - cross body - flats

ruffle skirt - check top - cross body - flats

ruffle skirt - check top - cross body - flats

ruffle skirt - check top - cross body - flats

ruffle skirt - check top - cross body - flats

ruffle skirt - check top - cross body - flats

ruffle skirt - check top - cross body - flats

Don't forget to check out the $750 Amazon Gift card Giveaway


Linking with Stylin' in St LouisMix & Match FashionThe Tiny HeartHappiness at MidlifeStyle ElixirThe Grits BlogVodka Infused LemonadeSincerely Jenna Marie and Perfectly Coutured



11 comments:

  1. What a fun look! I love the colors and the ruffle detail on your skirt!
    Marianne
    www.goodgirlgoneglam.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the color of that skirt! :)

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  3. That skirt is too adorable!!! Love the ruffles with the plaid!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeatsoles.blogapot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great skirt and the color is beautiful!
    -Stephanie
    http://positivelystephanie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the ruffles with the plaid! So pretty!

    xo,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you paired these together! so cute!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel like virtually linking arms in unity with all the other warm-weather bloggers who are staying authentic to their climate! I totally relate to what you're wearing and experiencing in terms of climate and short days. You look fabulous in blue and I love that you're doing plaid in a way that makes sense for your weather!
    Gina - On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so over the heat! Love that skirt on you. The plaid is the perfect pairing.

    xo, Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am still in shorts & skirts as well. The nights are finally starting to get a bit cooler that I can finally wear pants at night. Love the ruffle skirt and a great color block purse!

    Thank you so much for joining TBT Fashion link up and I hope to see you next week!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that skirt! It's so pretty
    Absolutely a nice outfit! :)

    X

    ReplyDelete