Nov 19, 2014

Olive Pants and ........ I got a job!!!!!

I am sorry that I have been MIA and super late to share the news but these past couple of days have been kind of crazy and the ones to come will be an adjustment period, right now I am leaving my house in the dark and leaving work pretty dark as well, so I have to work out the picture taking.

But on to the news.... I got a job, I would like to say a real job, but that will make my old ones sound not so serious, but hear me out; I graduated from Law school before I moved to the US and once here I got a Master's in Business and Finance (kind of impressive I thought), but my prospective employers always thought I was overqualified for an entry level job, I didn't have much experience so that is what I wanted; since that didn't work out I started applying for jobs that required a Master, but guess what.... I didn't have the experience, so I was in limbo, in debt, and kind of hopeless, I stayed where I was and I have always mentioned how grateful I am for that job, I worked with the most amazing boss who I love almost like a father, had lots of freedom but I really wanted a bit more. A couple of months ago he decided he wanted to take a break and close the business (not literally, another one of my inspectors was going to keep it) and he told me he would wait until I got a job to make the switch official, I could have stayed there but this was the extra push I needed to start my search again, and to my surprise I got a call from one of the many applications I submitted (I didn't know anyone there, I wasn't recommended by someone else) went through the whole selection process and on a Friday early afternoon I was at the mall returning something (while my boss covered for me at the office) when I got the official offer, I was bursting at the seams, I couldn't believe it, it's an amazing position, with lots of growth possibilities, amazing benefits, and I got it all on my own (plus a little help from above).

So I hope you can understand if this next days I am not here as often as I'd like, I have my blog reading a bit behind, and can't get to all the comments, but I promise I'll catch up, and will be asking all of you that have to dress up for work, for ideas, as my wardrobe has to make a 180 turn; and you can guess I don't have any work appropriate clothes.

olive pants - cream top - burgundy bag - wedge shoes
Pants: Victoria's Secret / Top: Gift (Cream top/ Bag: BCBG via Macy's  / Shoes: Lucky Brand Via Macy's / Watch: Michael Kors / Bracelet: Charlotte Russe - old (braided bracelet)
olive pants - cream top - burgundy bag - wedge shoes

olive pants - cream top - burgundy bag - wedge shoes

olive pants - cream top - burgundy bag - wedge shoes

olive pants - cream top - burgundy bag - wedge shoes

olive pants - cream top - burgundy bag - wedge shoes

olive pants - cream top - burgundy bag - wedge shoes

olive pants - cream top - burgundy bag - wedge shoes

Linking with Because Shanna said soChic Street StyleDesign Life Diaries, & Liz



8 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Sounds like it is a well deserved position after lots of hard work. Love your blouse! So feminine.

    xo, Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you, congrats on the new gig you totally deserve it. Love this pretty outfit too.

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your new job. I just started a new job myself. The blouse and pants are definitely professional and chic, Natalia. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats dear..i'm so happy for you...
    very nice outfit

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look awesome. Congratulations, too!!!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. yayyy congrats on the new job!!!! So happy for you!

    xo,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your new job!!! It is tough to balance out blogging ,working and personal life. I always remember everything comes before the blog. I used to post 5 x a week and it was just too much and have cut back to 3x. I love the pairing of olive & burgundy!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete